Tuesday, December 3, 2013

16th Birthday!

Good Evening Everyone!

My 16th birthday was on the 15th of November, and I had a great day. My dad surprised me by coming in with some pretty birthday balloons, and although they're deflating now, I plan on saving a couple to remember the day by.

Mom and I made my favorite kind of cake--pineapple! Not a pineapple upside down cake, but a plain cake with pineapple in it and cream cheese icing. It is so good. 

I put on the candles. Isn't it beautiful. ;)
It was soon time for opening presents, which is of course one of the best parts of any birthday! I had good guesses about some of my gifts, but some really surprised me. 
A doll! A doll! Who could it beeeee...

CAROLINE!!!! 

She is such a beauty. I didn't expect her, and in a way that made her arrival even better. Her hair/eye combination is striking and I love having an American Girl with curly hair. I haven't taken many pictures of her yet, but I've entered her into a photo competition, so I'll be uploading the resulting photos onto my Flickr. :) 

November was a crazy month for me. Not just because of my birthday, but because of NaNoWriMo! As you might have seen on my sidebar, I was an active participant this year. But another post about that is coming up, so stay tuned!

Have a great week.

Quinlyn

4 comments:

Samantha Bartley said...

You got Caroline too!!! Yay! So now our dolls can be friends! haha! Glad you had a great birthday! :) ~Sam

welcome to hell said...

Hurrah! Wait... this was your sweet sixteen! XD Your cake looks (and sounds) amazing. So does Caroline! (maybe not to eat...)
Now I'm interested to know when you'll be driving. XD
Happy belated birthday!

Sydney Rose said...

Hey Quinny! I love reading your blog (you should upadate more!!!) In fact, your blog is so awesome, me myself and I have nominated you for the prestigious Liebster Award:

http://snistersflock.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-major-award.html

will graham o/c said...

your sixteenth birthday was your last post
you are now seventeen + a month
how do you feel about this