Friday, September 27, 2013

Us Singing The Confrontation - Celebrate Musicals Week Finale

Salut Les Amis!

It's the end of the week and what a week it's been. We've explored shippings, seen some awesome pictures, and cried over Jean Valjean and Cosette. I thought I should end the week with a bang, so here it is.

A couple of weeks ago, my library had a karaoke night. I'd done library karaoke before, but this was going to be different--instead of just a random song off the list, Michael and I decided that we were going to do something special. We sing the Les Mis songs together all the time, and my mom suggested that we perform one of them.

We chose The Confrontation.

We learned the words by heart because we were making our own karaoke disc and it wouldn't have the lyrics on it. We practiced over and over and over, performed it for both our parents and finally decided that yes, we were indeed ready for this. I put on a sort of boyish outfit because I thought it would be strange to get up there as Jean Valjean in a pink frilly something.

We came, we sat, we waited. Then, we got up there. 


Yes. Yes we did. 

(Mom apologizes for her laughter--she says that she was excited and watching the audience member's shocked expressions. LOL)  

It was a very fun performance and I'm glad to be able to share it with all of you...for either your listening or laughing pleasure. ;) 

Thank you so much to Amy Dashwood for hosting this Celebrate Musicals Week blog party--I've really enjoyed sharing my Les Mis love with my readers and perusing all of the awesome posts from the rest of the participants. 

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Quinlyn

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Loved it! You should do a video of you singing "I dreamed a dream". It would make my life.